[opencms-dev] WG: CmsSearchResult (or Lucene) in OpenCms 7.5.1 delivers wrong scores ?!

Florian Hopf hopf at synyx.de
Tue Oct 27 11:03:40 CET 2009

Hi Bernd,

] Code Create [ Bernd Wolfsegger wrote:
> I also discovered another strange behavior:
> I searched for the term "OpenCms" on my site.
> I configured the search to have 5 results per page and show 6 pagelinks.
>>From the first to the third resultpage search.getSearchResultCount() is "32"
> form the fourth to the seventh page it is "31".

I guess this is caused by the fact that the pagination is calculated
from all results found but for every page the displayed results are
filtered so that only those are displayed that the current user is
allowed to see.

So if you have a pagination of 5 configured and you find 21 documents
the pagination will display 5 pages when you are on the first page. But
if on the second page there is a document you do not have access to the
pagination is recalculated and there are only 4 pages now.

Regarding the scoring I don't really know but I think I read or heard
something about changes in the normalization process for recent lucene
versions but I am not sure.

hope to help at least a little bit

Regards
Flo