[opencms-dev] Admin user blocked for how long?

Mario Jäger m.jaeger at alkacon.com
Wed Oct 28 15:35:57 CET 2009

Hi Christian, Hi Christoph,

per default an user is disabled for 15 minutes after three bad attempts. But you can
configure this in the opencms-system.xml. Between the nodes <validationhandler> and
<sites> you can configure the node <loginmanager>. In the following example an user
is disabled for 20 minutes after five bad attempts:

<loginmanager>
  <disableMinutes>20</disableMinutes>
  <maxBadAttempts>5</maxBadAttempts>
</loginmanager>

A blocked user has to wait the configured time in <disableMinutes>, before he can login
again.

If you want to switch off that an user is disabled after bad attempts, you have to set
the value in <maxBadAttempts> to -1.

--
Kind Regards,
Mario.