[opencms-dev] Any experience with huge sites?

Christian.Weber at Bertelsmann.de Christian.Weber at Bertelsmann.de
Fri Nov 6 11:18:09 CET 2009

Hi

I wonder how OpenCms and MySql scale with huge sites having more than 500.000 pages, many large binaries (images, mp3 and pdf) and database size > 10 GB.

Are there any known limitations or issues with the vfs regarding performance and stability?

Has someone experience with alternative databases like Oracle or Postgres which might scale better for such large sites?

Thank you for any hint.

Regards
Christian