[opencms-dev] OpenCms maven plugin with version 7.5.1

Schliemann, Kai K.Schliemann at comundus.com
Tue Nov 10 08:56:28 CET 2009

Hi Ronen,

we are currently checking, how we can open the maven plugin to let other developers contribute to it. Meaning given writing permission for developers to the sourceforge project, creating a developer branch for it or something like. But we are quite new to this and are not sure which will be the right way.

Nevertheless you can for sure check out the complete project and do the update on your local machine. When finished just send us the patch and we will add it to the sourceforge repository.

What the compatibility of the plugin to the new OpenCms version is concerned there are two things that have to be considered.

1.       The maven plugin itself. The plugin itself (maven-vfs-plugin) most certainly does not need an update.

2.       The OpenCms basic project. This will not work, because there are new / changed files in the vfs, new / changed libraries (e.g. opencms.jar), new / changed configuration and setup files.
So you have to put all the files from the new version to the basic project. Furthermore you have to check, if new libs are available on the maven central repo. If not, they have to be put into our sourceforge repository.

I have a tutorial on how to update our maven plugin. But it is written in German. I guess, this will not help you.

If you want to try it anyway, please don't hesitate to ask. If there is time, we will answer as soon as possible.

Regards

Kai Schliemann

Senior IT-Berater

comundus GmbH

Schüttelgrabenring 3, D-71332 Waiblingen

Telefon +49 7151-50028-0

E-Mail k.schliemann at comundus.com <mailto:g.maas at comundus.com>

Internet www.comundus.com <http://www.comundus.com/>

Geschäftsführer Klaus Hillemeier

Amtsgericht Stuttgart, HRB 264290

comundus ist ein Unternehmen der IT EXCELLENCE Group