[opencms-dev] What is the OpenCms core cache?

Claus Priisholm cpr at codedroids.com
Mon Nov 16 13:07:27 CET 2009

There are some internal caches that does not get flushed when doing a
publish - they listen for I_CmsEventListener.EVENT_CLEAR_CACHES. And
this function provides a UI for invoking it.

I've been calling this programmatically in couple of setups where I
needed to be sure that some list of files got the "latest" updates (at
least in version 6, the internal file cache would not pay attention to
release and expire dates, hence the need to flush it explicitly).

Regards
Claus

Schliemann, Kai wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> since OpenCms 7.5 there is a new Administration point flushing the
> OpenCms Core Cache.
>
> I know what the JSP repository and the Flex Cache are, but I cannot
> figure out what the Core Cache is for.
>
> Can anyone explain this to me, please.
>

> *TIA*
>
> * *