[opencms-dev] Export/Import site while keeping the 'unpublished' flags

Michael Emmerich m.emmerich at alkacon.com
Wed Nov 18 16:58:55 CET 2009

Mathias,

when you want to migrate from OpenCms 6 to 7 as well, you should try the
following:

1) Go to the ONLINE project and export your content with the Database
Adminstration. This will make an export file that only contains the
content that was already published.

2) Now switch to the project where you have made the changes that are
not published yet. In the Database Adminstration, mark the checkbox
"Changed in project". This should only export those files that are
changed or new in the current project you just have selected.

You then have two export files. Import the first one in your new system
and publish everything.
Then create a project for the the unpublished files, switch to it and
import the second export fiel you made.

If you want to migrate modules, you MUST always do this with the module
export/import. You can later add changed module resoruces as described in 2)

Hope this helps

Kind regards,
Michael Emmerich

Michael Emmerich