[opencms-dev] Calendar customization

Hein van der Kallen hvanderkallen at xs4all.nl
Fri Nov 20 20:59:04 CET 2009

Fatemeh,
I asume you have the Calandar module working.

We converted it to Dutch ( on a Dutch only site) , but that is probably the same problem.

We defined "nl" as a locale in opencms-system.xml but kept "en" as the first in <localesdefault>
( otherwise we would have to convert the rest of our site).

We kept all content ( including the Calendar structured content ) in the default "en" locale.

We adapted the calendar-nl.js in /system/workplace/resources/components/js_calendar/lang/
And made a display_nl_properties and a holydays_nl.properties in
/system/modules/com.alkacon.opencms.calendar/classes/com/alkacon/opencms/calendar/

And to be sure copied them over the "en" ones an the ones without locale.

Then in the start of different element jsp_files at the start we changed the locale to "nl" and at the and end to "en"
for instance in dailyoverview.jsp

<%@ page session="false" buffer="none" import="java.util.*, org.opencms.jsp.*, com.alkacon.opencms.calendar.*, org.opencms.util.*" %><%

CmsJspActionElement cms = new CmsJspActionElement(pageContext, request, response);
   cms.getRequestContext().setLocale(new Locale("nl"));

 <%  cms.getRequestContext().setLocale(new Locale("en")); %>

In the detail-entry.jsp an detail-serial.jsp we changed only the format-locale:

<fmt:setLocale value="nl" />

The rest of the work was not locale specific.

It is in production ( starting yesterday :-) ) on http://www.voorschoten97.nl/programma/Calendar/EvenementenKalender.html?&calView=1

Havank

.