[opencms-dev] changing handle404 to your own

Christoph P. Kukulies kuku at physik.rwth-aachen.de
Thu Dec 3 11:00:09 CET 2009

I saw it mentioned in this list ages back and it may come up from time
to time. So here again:

How do I conveniently change the OpenCms error 404 and error 500 pages
to be decorated with my own sites templates and look without tweaking
too much in various files and places? Although OpenCms is a fine
software, it needn't to shine through with it's "ugly pages" in case of
soft errors like a 404 or a not so soft 500. ;-)

I see the (jsp) pages sitting in /system/handler (aren't they?)

These are jsps in disguise of .html files.

Any advice would be welcome.