[opencms-dev] Queue time is getting longer

Lorenzo Sala troubador at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 15:48:10 CET 2009

We understood what is happening.
We use the export server of CMS of base repository from where we copy the
files from to different servers (a different server for every Project).
To better explain this, on the publishing servers we have all the project in
a tree structure like this:

/sites/site1
/sites/site2
/sites/site3

and every time we publish a document the new file goes in the site1 or site2
or site3 depending on the project it belongs to.

every 5 minutes on that server we check wich pages have been created or
changed and for every site we ftp the modified files on the belonging
servers.
/site/site1 will ftp to www.site1.com/
/site/site2 will ftp to www.site2.com/
/site/site3 will ftp to www.site3.com/

Our end users will never see the real cms publishing server, they will just
go on www.site1.com and see the new or updated files when they are found and
copied by the batch every 5 minutes.
For this reason the CmsOnDemandStaticExportHandler can't be used since the
cms publishing server will never receive a request for a file and it wont
generate it.

What can we do?

Lo'