[opencms-dev] Queue time is getting longer

Achim Westermann achim.westermann at questico.de
Fri Dec 4 09:30:22 CET 2009

Hi Lorenzo,

exactly as Christian said. If it is possible to find proper export rules to publish faster.

Disadvantage:

within your export rule config there is knowlege: What collector list pages (<contentload collector="allIinxxx"...) drag in what contents
(e.g. news articles). If you collect all news below "/" for such a list page publishing a news will force to re-export "/".
Also you have to maintain those rules whenever your site structure changes.

That's why personally I prefer using static export on demand. But I can understand that some projects require static export after publish.
After all that export handler would not have been written if not.

kind regards,

Achim

Lorenzo Sala wrote:
> Ciao Achim,
>                may be I found the real problem that will solve most of our
> long waits. There is only 1 project that is exporting only the modified
> files and it takes about 1 second to export them. This project is the only
> one that has a <export-rule> configuration in the opencms-importexport.xml.
> All the other projects doesn't appear in this file at all. Could this be
> what causes CMS to republish ALL the files of all the projects when we do an
> export?
>
> I'm setting up some <export-rule> for the rest of the projects and tomorrow
> we'll see if that worked.
>
> Lo'
>

> Achim Westermann wrote:
>> Ciao Lorenzo,
>>
>> I know this level of system-architecture talking and working from my
>> projects. And sometimes I wasn't loud & clear enough (or my customer
>> was brave enough to ignore me) to have a very simple basic setup (that may
>> be scaled up by clustering of opencms and mysql transparently).
>>
>> Perhaps if you start a new website project you could start with a single
>> machine again and then do it as described. Or hire some very
>> experienced consultant to get the setup started. It's worth the money.
>>
>> kind regards,
>>
>> Achim
>>

>> Lorenzo Sala wrote:
>>> Ciao Achim,
>>> yes.. we are using the badstyle.. we have several crontabs scheduled, one
>>> for every project.. and for the links most are absolute and only direct