[opencms-dev] Duplicate NavPos

Mathias Lin | SYSVISION mail at mathiaslin.com
Wed Dec 9 12:55:02 CET 2009

Sometimes I experience that when I want to order items/files in a folder and
set their NavPos, that the NavPos of that file is sometimes set to a value
that already exists for another file in the folder. This only occurs
sometimes but I haven't found the exact occurence pattern yet.

Recently I had the situation that I have structured content files in a
folders, all with no NavPos set yet. Then I go through all files one by one
and set their position to 'at the end' for each (so that the last files to
which I assign a NavPos then should theoretically have the highest NavPos).
Nevertheless, when I go into the advanced properties, I find that many files
(5 out of 6) all have the same value.

Did anybody have similar issue before? (I'm using v7.5.1, but I had this
issue already with earlier versions as well). Usually I then go into the
advanced propreties and reset all values (usually random double values)
manually to 1,2,3,4... - afterwards, I can then use the 'change navigation'
dialog again and the NavPos calculation works fine again. But only after I
manually fixed the values.

-----
Mathias Lin
SYSVISION USA, Inc.