[opencms-dev] "locale" cache setting seems to be ignored sometimes

Christian Steinert christian_steinert at web.de
Wed Dec 9 14:48:12 CET 2009

Dear all

on a multilingual web site, various jsp elements have the "cache"
property set to "element;locale;".

Sometimes, but again and again we have the problem, that despite the
"locale" setting, a cache element is re-used out of context, in pages
which have a different locale than the cache variant. Did anybody else
ever see something like that?

Not using the element cache gets rid of this side effect, but that makes
page generation way too expensive.

We use opencms 7.0.5 together with static export after publish. Our JSP
templates have several levels of inclusion. Often there is uncached JSP
that includes uncached JSP elements that include /cached/ JSP elements.
Then, sometimes (like once every two months but then consistently for
the whole site), some cache element is used on pages with different
locale. Clearing the element cache and re-publishing fixes the published
content again... until it happens the next time.

Thanks and regards
Christian