[opencms-dev] excluding from search

Christoph P. Kukulies kuku at physik.rwth-aachen.de
Tue Dec 15 18:40:33 CET 2009

On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 06:12:49PM +0100, Roman Uhlig  Maxity.de wrote:

> You may exclude binary files in general (defined in search index configuration) or particular file types (defined in opencms-search.xml).

What search index configuration do you mean? In the

Adminstrative View > Search Management > ?

I don't see any exclusion facility there.

Do you mean this section?:
  <documenttypes-indexed>
    <name>xmlpage</name>
    <name>xmlcontent</name>
    <name>text</name>
    <name>pdf</name>
    <name>rtf</name>
    <name>html</name>
    <name>msword</name>
    <name>msexcel</name>
    <name>mspowerpoint</name>
    <name>image</name>
    <name>generic</name>
  </documenttypes-indexed>

It only lists the ones being indexed. But the opencms-log when the index
is built still says "indexing /videos/myfilm.flv"