[opencms-dev] Adding custom content type to OAMP newsletter module: What to do to send it?

Christian Hellinger Christian.Hellinger at dreger.de
Tue Jan 12 15:26:41 CET 2010

Hello together,

i am trying to extend the OAMP newsletter module (1.0.2, OpenCms 7.5.1)
with my own newsletter type.
Unfortunately I can't see a newsletter created with this type in the
newsletter administration, so I can't send it.
What must be done in order to be able to do this?

So far, I created a new module and inside a new xml contenttype for the
newsletter. I also created a class which extends CmsNewsletterMailData.

In the opencms-modules.xml, I added a ressource type:

<type class="org.opencms.file.types.CmsResourceTypeXmlContent"
name="custom_newsletter" id="1012010">
                <properties>
                  <property>
                    <name>template-elements</name>
                    <value
type="shared"><![CDATA[/system/modules/com.alkacon.opencms.newsletter/pages/detail-newsletter.jsp]]></value>

                  </property>
                </properties>
                <param
name="schema">/system/modules/de.dreger.opencms.newsletter/schemas/newsletter_mail_extended.xsd</param>

              </type>

and an explorer type:

<explorertype name="custom_newsletter" key="fileicon.custom_newsletter"
icon="alkacon-newsletter.png" reference="xmlcontent">
                <newresource page="structurecontent"
uri="newresource_xmlcontent.jsp?newresourcetype=custom_newsletter"
order="66" autosetnavigation="false" autosettitle="false"
info="desc.custom_newsletter"/>  </explorertype>

I also added the parameter
 <param
name="class_maildata">de.dreger.opencms.newsletter.CmsNewsletterMailDataExtended</param>
to the configuration

I can create a newsletter with this type and preview it, but I can't send
it, because the newsletter isn't shown in the newsletter-administration.

Did I miss something?

Best regards

Christian Hellinger

--------------------------------------

DREGER INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY

DREGER Consulting GmbH & Co. KG
Carl-Benz-Straße 35
60386 Frankfurt am Main
Germany

Phone : +49-69-90479-0
Fax   : +49-69-90479-479
Mobile:    +49-173-6688208

Email :    christian.hellinger at dreger.de
WWW   :    http://www.dreger.de

--------------------------------------
DREGER IT is Member of Grouplink
www.grouplink.de
Sitz / Registergericht: Frankfurt am Main / Amtsgericht Frankfurt am Main
Registernummer: HRA 42705
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Jens Dreger
USt.ID: DE244892265
Komplementaer-GmbH: J&J DREGER Verwaltungs GmbH, Carl-Benz-Str. 35, 60386 Frankfurt am Main
Sitz / Registergericht: Frankfurt am Main / Amtsgericht Frankfurt am Main
Registernummer: HRB 73891
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Jens Dreger