[opencms-dev] How to use workplace search with "Online project DE"?

Roman Uhlig Maxity.de roman.uhlig at maxity.de
Wed Jan 13 12:28:13 CET 2010

Hi Andrea,

yes, since OpenCms 7.5.x and it's updated Lucene integration we had frequently too many open files running on Linux, no matter how high we set the system's value for it. When this happens, "lsof" shows an excessive and redundant use of .cfs and .cfx files, which are related to Lucene afaik.

We switched all default Online and Offline search indices to manually rebuild then, since they are not really used. Every project has it's own search indices, usually one for every language it's featuring. It got better since then, but the problem still persists.

Roman