[opencms-dev] OpenCms 7.5.1: removing buttons from HTMLWidget in XMLContents no longer possible

Schliemann, Kai K.Schliemann at comundus.com
Thu Jan 14 15:36:09 CET 2010

Hi list,

until OpenCms 7.5.0 it was possible to remove buttons from the
HTMLWidget (FCKEditor) by changing the following lines in the file
\system\workplace\editors\fckeditor\configwidget.js:

toolbar.append("[");

toolbar.append("'CharsCounter','Undo','Redo','-','SelectAll','RemoveForm
at'");

toolbar.append(",'-','Cut','Copy','Paste','PasteText','PasteWord'");

toolbar.append(",'-','Bold','Underline','StrikeThrough','-','Subscript',
'Superscript'");

toolbar.append("],[");

toolbar.append("'JustifyLeft','JustifyCenter','JustifyRight','JustifyFul
l'");

toolbar.append(",'-','OrderedList','UnorderedList'");

toolbar.append(",'-','Outdent','Indent'");

toolbar.append("]");

I wanted to do the same in 7.5.1 was (almost) shocked by seeing that
these line are replaced by this lines:

FCKConfig.ToolbarSets["OpenCmsWidget"] = [

        <%=
option.getButtonBar(CmsFCKEditorWidget.BUTTON_TRANSLATION_MAP, ",") %>

];

I looked up the method CmsHtmlWidgetOption #getButtonBar() and found the
comment "It may be necessary to write your own method to generate the
button bar string for a specific editor widget."

So it seems, that there is no possibility to remove buttons from the
editor widget within a configuration file in the OpenCms VFS.

Can anybody (from Alkacon) confirm this? Or even better give me a hint
if it is still possible somehow.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Kai