[opencms-dev] Change Locale to en_GB for the workplace explorer

Graeme Kidd coolkidd3 at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 20 11:44:28 CET 2010

> Have you changed the default locale in opencms-workplace.xml?:
>
> -----------------------------
> <opencms>
>   <workplace>
>     <defaultlocale>en</defaultlocale>
>     <localizedfolders>
>       <resource uri="/system/workplace/"/>
>       <resource uri="/system/login/"/>
>     </localizedfolders>
> -----------------------------
>
> You can also change your personal default Local in the User-Preferences in OpenCms (first Tab).

Thanks for the advice Harald, it turns out that I needed to set the locale in the "workplace-startupsettings" which essentially set the the default in the User-Prefrences tab.

<workplace-startupsettings>
  <locale>en_GB</locale>
  <project>Offline</project>
  <workplaceview>/system/workplace/views/explorer/explorer_fs.jsp</workplaceview>
  <folder>/</folder>
  <site>/sites/default/</site>
  <restrictexplorerview>false</restrictexplorerview>
</workplace-startupsettings>

Thanks again for at least pointing me in the right direction.