[opencms-dev] Duplicate NavPos

Mathias Lin | SYSVISION mail at mathiaslin.com
Wed Jan 20 18:08:52 CET 2010

Hi Mario,

it might be that the issue occurs only with imported files. If I create a
new folder and create files step by step using the 'new' button in the
toolbar like you did, I've haven't experienced the problem as far as I
remember - but not sure.

In our case, we've imported a website that was on v6.2.3 into v7.5.1. This
website hasn't made use of the NavPos property before, therefore no files
ever had a NavPos value assigned.
During the relaunch phase, I then moved the files to another folder and
assigned the NavPos values.

Beside that - I also found another issue just now:
I use the allInFolderNavPos content collector, and find the following issue:

When all files in a folder (targeted by the contentloader) have a NavPos
value assigned, the sorting order works fine.
But if there's just one single file of this specific type in the folder, the
sorting gets messed up:
- all files are sorted absolutely randomly, even the files with a NavPos
value don't show in order anymore
- even files without a NavPos assigned get displayed

This problem also occurs on the site where I have above mentioned problem
with the NavPos.

Here's the code I use for retrieving the list of files; (for debugging
purposes I also display the NavPos value for each file):

  <cms:contentload collector="allInFolderNavPos"
param="${autoLink}${type}_%(number).html|${type}" editable="false" >
        <c:set var="filepath"><cms:contentshow element="%(opencms.filename)"
/></c:set>
        <li><cms:property name="NavText" file="${filepath}" />
/>,${filepath}<br/>
        <cms:contentshow element="Description" />
  </cms:contentload>

BUT:
If all files have a NavPos property set and the file list display well, and
- just for testing purposes - I then remove the NavPos property from one
file in the folder, the problem does NOT occur as expected. It only seems to
be with a folder/files where no NavPos has ever been set before (or maybe
only files that have been imported to the system).

Still trying to reproduce and will let you know if I have more concrete
details. Will add it to Bugzilla then.

Regards,
Mathias

Mario Jäger wrote:

> Hi Nacho Fernandez, Hi Mathias,
>
> I wanted to reproduce your problem, but everything works fine.
> I have tried it in OpenCms 7.0.5 and OpenCms 7.5.1.
>
> I have created six resources. After that I have used the
> "Change navigation" functionality to set each resource at the
> last navigation position. There were no double "NavPos" values then.
>
> Please describe your problem in the OpenCms Bugzilla:
> http://bugzilla.opencms.org/
> Please describe an example how to reproduce your problem.
> On occasion we will reproduce your problem then and you will be
> informed automatically when there is a new status to this OpenCms Bugzilla
> entry.
>
> --
> Kind Regards,
> Mario.
>
> -------------------
> Mario Jäger
>
> Alkacon Software GmbH  - The OpenCms Experts
> http://www.alkacon.com - http://www.opencms.org
>

> Nacho Fernández Orellana schrieb:
>> Hi Mathias and list,
>>
>> In my experience what you say does happen also with v7.0.5. If you
>> create some element and don't provide navigation for it in the
>> creation, you can't set the order right with "Change navigation"
>> because it doesn't write propper NavPos values and you have to set
>> those values manually (usually as you say values '1', '2' and so). I
>> think that when using "Change navigation" and selecting any value in
>> the dropdown list it still retains the "infinite" NavPos value. Maybe
>> Alkacon guys can kindly explain to the list how this is supposed to
>> work so we can address the corresponding bug if it happens to be one.
>> If I am not told otherwise I think that trying to set the right
>> navigation order with "Change navigation" should set valid "NavPos"
>> values.
>>
>> I hope we can clarify this navigational issue. Greetings,
>>
>> Nacho Fernandez.

-----
Mathias Lin
SYSVISION USA, Inc.