[opencms-dev] Problems with OAMP Comment Module on OpenCms 7.5.0

snatches slapnik at wildentity.com
Fri Jan 22 15:12:36 CET 2010

I think I finally have some good information on the problem where the ajax
bar just loads forever.  I have tracked the issue down to the thickbox.js
file, as what's really happening doesn't have much to do with the comments
module, just how the thickbox.js file creates the Comments form.

As background, I have 2 installations of OpenCms, both running on Ubuntu.
One installation is OpenCms 7.0.5.  I was able to get the Comments Module
1.0.0 working on this installation without much trouble.

My other installation is a clean installation of OpenCms 7.5.0.  This is the
installation where I encountered the never-ending loader bar.  After a lot
of digging to try to isolate exactly where the problem is occuring I came up
empty, mainly because I couldn't find a Java or Javascript error thrown
anywhere which seems to be the case with a few others here.

So since no error was being thrown, I focused on the aesthetic of the
comments form.  I started troubleshooting
/system/workplace/resources/jquery/unpacked/thickbox.js.  Since there had
been some discussion about differences b/w the Comments Modules 1.0.0 and
1.0.1, I figured that I would take the thickbox.js from 7.0.5 and apply it
to my 7.5.0 installation.

After I made this change and published, Violia! The comments form now
appeared and the Comments Module seems to be working exactly as expected!

I'm not exactly sure what's wrong with the thickbox.js file in 7.5.0, or how
it affects any other functionality when applying the old version, but all I
know is that it seems to have fixed this problem which has eluded me for
many, many months.