[opencms-dev] Antwort: Re: Update from 7.05 to 7.52 results in "Resource () is not available"

Christian Steinert christian_steinert at web.de
Sat Jan 23 16:55:45 CET 2010

Dear Frank

First of all: update your database and your opencms web application
folder before making any more changes.
Normally it would have been best to do so *before* running the update.
If you have a backup from before the update attempt, it would be best
if  you restore that state and run the update cleanly again so that you
can figure out what happened without having to mess around on top of an
installation whose state you don't understand anymore.
> But the update log is messed.
> That is because I tried to update a second time after the first was
> unsuccessful.

A second update is normally not a problem for the health of the system,
but it would probably cause you to lose the first update log.
Did the second update run through completely? The most important
question is whether all the modules were imported without trouble.

When in doubt you might use a different browser than firefox to run the
update. Sometimes, if you use firefox to do the update, it chokes on the
fact that the status window is an edit area into which a huge amount of
text is injected. However, if you got through the update wizard until
the very end, that cannot be the problem and then there is no need to
try with another browser.
> So now there is only an entry regarding lucene, which I do not understand
> correctly.

Try to comment away all indexes and index sources in your
opencms-search.xml and run the update wizard again.

> Is there any chance, saving our website?
* does the update wizard still run without choking (again, BACK UP YOUR
DATABASE before doing anything)? If so, you database layout should still
be fine and probably your files will also be)
* you might be able to use the opencms shell for taking a look at the
database and exporting files.

Kind regards
Christian