[opencms-dev] Can different installations of OpenCms connect to the same db schema?

Shency Revindran Shency.Revindran at monitisegroup.com
Fri Jan 29 12:19:25 CET 2010

Hi Edwin / Achim / Jordi,

Thanks a lot for sharing your valuable thoughts and experience in this regard. That is lot of stuff for me to think about

Achim, I am getting your point in saying that I need to make sure /sites/contentset_X is only served from the very same server. Currently we have separate db schema for separate opncms instances which is increasing day by day. So we are thinking of options to reduce the number of opencms db schema instances.

One final question, suppose if I decide to go with the option1 in my initial mail (i.e., single opencms instance with multiple sites - sites/contentset_X, sites/contentset_Y.. connecting to the same db schema, controlled user privilege to restrict users to see only their corresponding site content) --> Will this solution work fine with out any issues? Is there any issues that I should expect with this solution as well?

Thanks,
Shency