[opencms-dev] Installing 7.5.2 with hsqldb

Yves Glodt yg at mind.lu
Thu Feb 4 13:00:21 CET 2010

Hi there,

I try to install OpenCms 7.5.2 with hsqldb, but get errors...

- First of all, do I need to install the hsqldb-server package or is
libhsqldb-java enough? (on ubuntu/debian)
(so far I have /usr/share/java/hsqldb.jar )

- What is the default "sa" password ? :-)

This is what I get when I put sa/sa as user/password:

It was not possible to create a database connection with the given parameters.
Please check the Exception below. There can be two reasons for this error:

Your database is down, or
Your database is not accessible with the given connection parameters.

Be also aware that Alkacon recommends to use the following JDBC
drivers for HSQLDB 1.8:
[hsqldb.jar]

Check that the Jdbc drivers are included in your class path.

Error connecting to database using:
"jdbc:hsqldb:file:/var/lib/tomcat6/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/hsqldb/opencms;shutdown=false".

And this when I leave the password empty:

Be aware that Alkacon recommends to use the following JDBC drivers for
HSQLDB 1.8:
[hsqldb.jar]

But these drivers are not located in folder
/var/lib/tomcat6/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/lib/

thanks for any hint!
yves