[opencms-dev] Email format trouble

Matt Levy mlevy at fta.co.uk
Wed Feb 17 09:59:43 CET 2010

Hi Sébastien,

We encountered the same issue recently and have upgraded the commons email library to 1.2 which fixed the issue. The bug appears to be an encoding issue - details can be found at:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/EMAIL-80

Hope this helps.

Regards

Matt

_______________________________

Matt Levy
Web developer/designer
Freight Transport Association

Direct Line: 01892 552265
Mobile:  07985 874245
www.fta.co.uk

On 16 Feb 2010, at 17:20, Sébastien Bianco wrote:

> Hello
>
> I’ll try to send HTML email with attached plain text message. I receive both, but the first element seen is the plain text. The HTML is attached.
>
> I’ll would like to have the opposite (first HTML, plain text attached). Is it a way to to this ?
>

> We have already done some similar things in previous project without problem. We think that the problem starts to occurs when changing from common-mail.1.0.jar to common-mail.1.1.jar. Nevertheless I didn’t find any mention of such bug on Google (but maybe I missed out one).
>

> Here is my code to create then send the mail :
>
> org.opencms.mail.CmsHtmlMail htmlMailConfirm = new org.opencms.mail.CmsHtmlMail();
>      //htmlMailConfirm.setMsg(text);
>       htmlMailConfirm.setTextMsg(text);
>       htmlMailConfirm.setHtmlMsg(html);
>
>       htmlMailConfirm.setDebug(true);
>       //htmlMailConfirm.setTextMsg(text);
>       htmlMailConfirm.setSubject((String)pageContext.getAttribute("confirm_subject"));
>       htmlMailConfirm.addTo(user_email);
>       htmlMailConfirm.send();
>
> Here are the logs I got :
>
> DEBUG: JavaMail version 1.4.1
> DEBUG: not loading file: C:\dev\java\jdk1.5.0_16\jre\lib\javamail.providers
> DEBUG: java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\dev\java\jdk1.5.0_16\jre\lib\javamail.providers (Le fichier spécifié est introuvable)
> DEBUG: !anyLoaded
> DEBUG: not loading resource: /META-INF/javamail.providers
> DEBUG: successfully loaded resource: /META-INF/javamail.default.providers
> DEBUG: Tables of loaded providers
> DEBUG: Providers Listed By Class Name: {com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPSSLTransport=javax.mail.Provider[TRANSPORT,smtps,com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPSSLTransport,Sun Microsystems, Inc], com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport=javax.mail.Provider[TRANSPORT,smtp,com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport,Sun Microsystems, Inc], com.sun.mail.imap.IMAPSSLStore=javax.mail.Provider[STORE,imaps,com.sun.mail.imap.IMAPSSLStore,Sun Microsystems, Inc], com.sun.mail.pop3.POP3SSLStore=javax.mail.Provider[STORE,pop3s,com.sun.mail.pop3.POP3SSLStore,Sun Microsystems, Inc], com.sun.mail.imap.IMAPStore=javax.mail.Provider[STORE,imap,com.sun.mail.imap.IMAPStore,Sun Microsystems, Inc], com.sun.mail.pop3.POP3Store=javax.mail.Provider[STORE,pop3,com.sun.mail.pop3.POP3Store,Sun Microsystems, Inc]}
> DEBUG: Providers Listed By Protocol: {imaps=javax.mail.Provider[STORE,imaps,com.sun.mail.imap.IMAPSSLStore,Sun Microsystems, Inc], imap=javax.mail.Provider[STORE,imap,com.sun.mail.imap.IMAPStore,Sun Microsystems, Inc], smtps=javax.mail.Provider[TRANSPORT,smtps,com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPSSLTransport,Sun Microsystems, Inc], pop3=javax.mail.Provider[STORE,pop3,com.sun.mail.pop3.POP3Store,Sun Microsystems, Inc], pop3s=javax.mail.Provider[STORE,pop3s,com.sun.mail.pop3.POP3SSLStore,Sun Microsystems, Inc], smtp=javax.mail.Provider[TRANSPORT,smtp,com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport,Sun Microsystems, Inc]}
> [...]

Confidentiality note:
The information contained in this message is legally privileged and confidential information intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, distribution or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. lf you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately and return the original message to us at info at fta.co.uk.
Please note that the FTA is able to, and reserves the right to, monitor e-mail communications passing through its network. This footnote also confirms that Sophos Antivirus has swept this message for the presence of computer viruses.
Freight Transport Association, Hermes House, St John's Road, Tunbridge Wells, Kent TN4 9UZ
Telephone: (01892) 526171 Fax: (01892) 534989
Freight Transport Association Limited. Registered Office Hermes House, St John's Road, Tunbridge Wells, Kent TN4 9UZ.
Registered in England Number 391957.