[opencms-dev] Flexcache counters

Achim Westermann achim.westermann at questico.de
Tue Feb 23 15:21:04 CET 2010

Hi Roman,

> Tho plain storage of resource access counters in a database would not work with OpenCms pages with high load in terms of performance (1 insert per hit).

hmmm doubts!
In a clean website with optimal caching the idea is that those insers would only happen for each variation in the cache. OK after something
is published that will happen all over again.

> I.e. we've developed an application bean for that, which collects these data, processes and consolidates them and stores them as bulk data in a database. Still creates about 20 GB of data per year. ;)

OK, then lets add that requirement too and continue to find someone who will implement  this for the benefit of being a hero!

kind regards,

Achim