[opencms-dev] Best practices

Giuseppe Sorce sorce at eng.it
Thu Mar 4 09:58:17 CET 2010

Dear Giovanni,

in our projects, when authenticated users have to upload and share files, we
usually:

- define an OpenCms structured XML content for the file (it contains also
file metadata like description);
- create a simple web application that use OpenCms API for uploading files
and creating new content.

Hope this helps,
Giuseppe

Giuseppe Sorce
Engineering Ingegneria Informatica S.p.A.
Direzione Centrale Ricerca e Innovazione
V.le Regione Siciliana Nord-Ovest, 7275
90146 - Palermo
Phone: +39 091 7511723
Fax  : +39 091 7511720