[opencms-dev] Exception while importing a site: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError

Pujan Kafle kafle.pujan at jimmy.harvard.edu
Mon Mar 15 14:33:02 CET 2010

Hello everyone,

I am trying to import a site hosted on my production server to my local
machine.
I was successful in importing the same site onto my development server
by following the instructions in OpenCms's migration documentation. When
I try to do the same on my local machine, I get the following error:

      [java] Exception in thread "OpenCms: Indexing
'2006CTMBGuidelines_changessummary.ppt'" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError:
Java heap space
      [java] 	at
org.opencms.search.extractors.CmsExtractorMsPowerPoint.appendTextChars(CmsExtractorMsPowerPoint.java:162)
      [java] 	at
org.opencms.search.extractors.CmsExtractorMsPowerPoint.processPOIFSReaderEvent(CmsExtractorMsPowerPoint.java:137)
      [java] 	at
org.apache.poi.poifs.eventfilesystem.POIFSReader.processProperties(POIFSReader.java:259)
      [java] 	at
org.apache.poi.poifs.eventfilesystem.POIFSReader.read(POIFSReader.java:95)
      [java] 	at
org.opencms.search.extractors.CmsExtractorMsPowerPoint.extractText(CmsExtractorMsPowerPoint.java:91)
      [java] 	at
org.opencms.search.extractors.A_CmsTextExtractor.extractText(A_CmsTextExtractor.java:72)
      [java] 	at
org.opencms.search.extractors.A_CmsTextExtractor.extractText(A_CmsTextExtractor.java:62)
      [java] 	at
org.opencms.search.documents.CmsDocumentMsPowerPoint.extractContent(CmsDocumentMsPowerPoint.java:76)
      [java] 	at
org.opencms.search.documents.A_CmsVfsDocument.createDocument(A_CmsVfsDocument.java:210)
      [java] 	at
org.opencms.search.CmsIndexingThread.run(CmsIndexingThread.java:132)

I have checked the file sizes for all the files for which this error was
thrown. All of them have sizes no greater than 300KB.

Your kind response would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Pujan