[opencms-dev] OpenCms SSO Integration

Fabian Panthen fpa at unitb-consulting.de
Wed Mar 17 22:17:26 CET 2010

Thanks a lot to everyone who replied.
SSO is working now.

A short synopsis of the solution:

1.     Module Action was the key and seems to be definitely the way
forward to obtain and persist an Admin enabled CmsObject.
         Whish I had found that in the openCms book i have.

2.    On top of that we implemented our own AuthorizationHandler class
subclasing the abstract class provided by OpenCms

3.    AuthorizationHandler allows for configuration of an ssoStrategy to
be flexible on how to determine and obtain the user, like by getting the
username from a certain header and reading the user by name as opposed
to i.e. getting a user uuid from a cookie and reading the user by uuid

4.    For all cases not covered by the strategy defined scenario
AuthorizationHandler allows for configuration of a default handler, i.e.
CmsDefaultAuthorizationHandler to which irrelevant requests are being
forwarded.

Thanks again, nothing beats the list.

bye

fabian

u n i t b  c o n s u l t i n g

Brunnenstr. 156

10115 Berlin

Tel:    +49 [0]30 44 31 92 00

Fax:    +49 [0]30 44 31 92 29

Mail:   office at unitb-consulting.de

Web:    http://www.unitb-consulting.de

Geschäftsführer: Nico Adam, Thomas Timm

Registergericht: AG Berlin-Charlottenburg - HRB 113607

Steuernummer: 37/249/21073

Ust-IdNr.: DE814984825

Diese E-Mail könnte vertrauliche und/oder rechtlich geschützte Informationen

enthalten. Wenn Sie nicht der richtige Adressat sind oder diese E-Mail

Weitergabe dieser Mail sind nicht gestattet.

e-mail is strictly forbidden.