[opencms-dev] Is there a way to add a new site server without a restart?

Yves Glodt yg at mind.lu
Wed Mar 24 10:58:58 CET 2010

Hi,

using an OpenCms instance with several sites, some of them e-commerce, we
also would be glad to reduce the tomcat restarts to a minimum, and as of now
we also "suffer" from
the fact that after changing opencms-system.xml a restart is required...

A restart, even when it happens rarely, is always an interruption of
service.

Also, there can be a situation where you absolutely need to restart, but you
can not because of active sessions in the e-commerce site.

Please take this as a vote to the feature "OpenCms to be able to re-read
opencms-system.xml while running" :)

best regards,
Yves