[opencms-dev] Unable to change OpenCms Group Name by using CmsGroup.setName()

Pujan Kafle kafle.pujan at jimmy.harvard.edu
Mon Mar 29 18:08:47 CEST 2010

Hello everyone,

I am trying to update an OpenCms group from my JSP page by using
CmsGroup.setName() method, but I keep getting the error:

org.opencms.db.CmsDbEntryNotFoundException: Error writing the group
"NewName".
at
org.opencms.db.CmsDbEntryNotFoundException.createException(CmsDbEntryNotFoundException.java:75)
at org.opencms.db.CmsDbContext.throwException(CmsDbContext.java:238)
at org.opencms.db.CmsDbContext.report(CmsDbContext.java:212)
at
org.opencms.db.CmsSecurityManager.writeGroup(CmsSecurityManager.java:5130)
at org.opencms.file.CmsObject.writeGroup(CmsObject.java:4312)

When I logged into the workplace using "Admin", I noticed that it is
possible to change all other Group attributes except Group Name.

I am wondering if it's possible to change an OpenCms Group Name.

Your help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Pujan