[opencms-dev] video player

Jan Boon jan.boon at planet.nl
Mon Mar 29 19:37:45 CEST 2010

Hi Eska,

It is possible for me to write an article about Red5-integration with
OpenCMS. At this stage however the integration with OpenCMS is in a
preliminary stage. I can demo it on my own website which now runs on an
Atom 230 Mini-ITX mainboard :-). I will not make the link public because
I am afraid it will crash my system (allthough I am sure the demo will
not compete with Lady GaGa). If time allows me I will write a HowTo to
build a system from scratch with the upcoming Ubuntu 10.04 end of April.
I have allready ordered two Atom 510 Mini-ITX boards for that purpose
:-). The end result should be a reproducable reference system to benefit
anyone interested (me in particular) without being a Spring or Apache
expert.

But if you are:
The clue is uncommenting the injection of the rtmpt-tunnel-bean in the
red5-core.xml in the standard 0.9.1. distribution and adding the
following rewrite rule:
RewriteRule ^/((open|send|idle|close|fcs)/.*)$ http://yoursite:8088/$1 [P]
to your virtual host in httpd.conf of Apache.
The details of the latter however will vary per distribution which in my
case now is Ubuntu 8.04 (and you have to have of course the
rewrite-module enabled).
On the OpenCMS side for the JWPlayer you have to add the following
example code in e.g. the source of a template-two article:

<h2>This a test from OpenCMS to Red5</h2>
<script type='text/javascript' src='../swfobject.js'></script>
<script type='text/javascript'>
var so = new SWFObject('../player.swf','mpl','320','240','9');
so.addParam('allowfullscreen','true');
so.addParam('allowscriptaccess','always');
so.addParam('wmode','opaque');
so.addVariable('file','avatar.flv');
so.addVariable('image','thumbnail.jpg');
so.addVariable('streamer','rtmpt://yoursite/oflaDemo');
so.write('mediaspace');
</script>

The details however will vary per player.
For me the next step is to write a widget (in my spare time) that nicely
will wrap it up in XML.

Regards Jan.