[opencms-dev] Redirecting to Index page if the user logs out in a protected page

Pujan Kafle kafle.pujan at jimmy.harvard.edu
Tue Mar 30 16:50:03 CEST 2010

Hello everyone,

I have included a small login form on my main template. All the web
pages in my site, including the protected ones use the main template.
However, when I log out from a protected web page, it immediately shows
me a HTTP Authentication required popup, which asks for OpenCms login
credentials. If I click cancel, I am redirected to Tomcat's HTTP Status
401- Error Page.

I am wondering, in such scenarios, is it possible to redirect the user
to the index page of the site, thus avoiding that Authentication pop-up
and Tomcat's error page.

Your suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Pujan