[opencms-dev] are categories inherited?

Tim Daschner timd at thedoleco.com
Thu Apr 1 00:27:39 CEST 2010

Hello List,

Quick question: Do categories applied a folder also percolate down to
xmlcontent or other vfs files within that folder? I have a jsp that uses the
key value paired collector to bring up all articles that are categorized as
"Featured", this works fine if I apply categories to individual vfs items,
However, if I apply the category only to the parent folder and dont apply
the category to some files in a folder, those files are not returned in the
collector. (The way I write it, it sounds like categories do not percolate,
however I remember reading on the list that categories are inherited by
files within a folder).

As always, TIA!

Tim