[opencms-dev] external links in OpenCmsVfsFile

gleb makarov gleb.a.makarov at gmail.com
Mon Apr 5 12:45:40 CEST 2010

Hello everyone,

I have a problem with external links in xmlcontent. There is an
OpenCmsVfsFile  field type in xmlcontent files. It`s description in the xml
scheme is <xsd:element name="Image" type="OpenCmsVfsFile" /> When I try to
enter there a file name (path to file) form the different domain name (
http://servername/..),  system shows an error ‘Invalid reference, the
resource can not be found’.

I`d like to know if there is a way to update this scheme and change the
field type without data loss (for example change VfsFile to String).

Or is it possible to disable verification of the OpenCmsVfsFile field type
when saving xmlcontent file?

I can`t update all xml schemes and templates manually because of their huge
amount.

Thank you in advance.

--
Best regards,