[opencms-dev] American English not changing to British English

Graeme Kidd coolkidd3 at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 8 19:36:17 CEST 2010

Hi,

I am having trouble setting the default language to British English. At
the moment I
have three language options in my preferences area; German, English,
Spanish. The
English option is currently American English since the dates are
displayed as
Month/Day/Year.

I have attempted to set the language to en_GB by changing the values in
opencms-system.xml and opencms-workplace.xml like so:

opencms-system.xml

<internationalization>

    <localehandler
class="org.opencms.i18n.CmsDefaultLocaleHandler"/>

     <localesconfigured>

        <locale>en_GB</locale>

      </localesconfigured>

      <localesdefault>

        <locale>en_GB</locale>

      </localesdefault>

</internationalization>

opencms-workplace.xml

<defaultlocale>en_GB</defaultlocale>

<workplace-startupsettings>

  <locale>en_GB</locale>

  <project>Offline</project>

…

</workplace-startupsettings>

These changes seemed to have been picked up as the Log does show the
default
locale of en_GB is being used:

opencms.log

INFO [.opencms.i18n.CmsLocaleManager: 334] . i18n configuration   :
the JVM default locale is "en_GB"

INFO [.opencms.i18n.CmsLocaleManager: 109] . i18n configuration   :
starting

INFO [.opencms.i18n.CmsLocaleManager: 866] . i18n configuration   :
locale handler is org.opencms.i18n.CmsDefaultLocaleHandler

INFO [.opencms.i18n.CmsLocaleManager: 354] . i18n configuration   :
adding locale en_GB

INFO [.opencms.i18n.CmsLocaleManager: 370] . i18n configuration   :
adding locale en

INFO [.opencms.i18n.CmsLocaleManager: 386] . i18n configuration   :
default locale 1 is en_GB

INFO [uration.CmsSystemConfiguration:1969] . i18n configuration   :
finished

INFO [.workplace.CmsWorkplaceManager:1323] . Workplace
init       : Default locale is "en_GB"

Yet in the workplace preferences I can still select the three languages
and the
English option is still American English. Any idea what I am doing wrong
 or how else
I can set the English to en_GB.

Thanks