[opencms-dev] How to install a new version of a module

Achim Westermann achim.westermann at questico.de
Mon Apr 12 17:28:43 CEST 2010

Hi Enric,

If you install a new version of the module via the workplace as a first step the previous module will be deleted. Then the new module will
be installed.

In case you do not know if there are some library files in the module (that will get written out to the file system under /WEB-INF/libs/) or
classes (/WEB-INF/classes/) and if those might have been replaced on the disk directly it is a good practice to first save the whole webapp
folder.

HTH,

Achim