[opencms-dev] Question about OCEE Cluster and Replicator

Marantelli Luca Luca.Marantelli at nposistemi.it
Wed Apr 14 15:10:18 CEST 2010

Hi
I downloaded the trial version of OCEE module
I have an environment with 3 production servers with 3 OpenCms instances that are on the same database.
I configured the cluster module on these servers. In documentation I see that one of these must be the workplace server. This means that editors must login on that to edit contents? And on the same server the users that have the role of "Approvers" for the contents must login and decide if publish or not? So this is not a production server...

What I need is an environment where I have 3 production server and another server for editing and approving contents. Then from this server should be a replication of this contents on the 3 production servers. So I suppose I must have a editing server inside network (not public) with its own database where editors can edit contents and where administrators can approve these contents, and from this server Admins can decide to publish "online" the resources. At this point the OCEE replicator replicates these contents on the database of the 3 production instances.

Is this right? Is this possible? If I'm right why I need a workplace server on production environment (in OCEE documentation file documentation_ocee_cluster.pdf is the blue circle at page 3)? I suppose the blue instance is the one where editors edit contents and where Admin decide what to publish online, so not a production machine...

So the right solution should be an OpenCms instance with its own database in the private network and 3 public instances of OpenCms pointing all to the same database (but different from the workplace server in the private network). Is this correct?
So I need to install OCEE cluster module on the 3 production instances and the replicator on the other one (the private one) and tell the replicator that every content must be published on the production database after admin has confirmed that the contents are ok.

On documentation file I read:

"Please note that the OCEE Replication Module needs an installed and working OCEE Cluster
Module. How to configure the cluster module can be read in the respective documentation. You
will need to configure your replication master instance as the cluster workplace server, including
all replicated instances in the cluster."
>From this I assume that the blue circle in cluster pdf is the machine on private network and on this machine I must install the replication module

Thanks for your help

bye

AVVERTENZE AI SENSI DEL D.LGS. 196/2003    .

Il contenuto di questo messaggio (ed eventuali allegati) e' strettamente confidenziale. L'utilizzo del contenuto del messaggio e' riservato esclusivamente al destinatario. La modifica, distribuzione, copia del messaggio da parte di altri e' severamente proibita. Se non siete i destinatari Vi invitiamo ad informare il mittente ed eliminare tutte le copie del suddetto messaggio     .

The content of this message (and attachment) is closely confidentiality. Use of the content of the message is classified exclusively to the addressee. The modification, distribution, copy of the message from others are forbidden. If you are not the addressees, we invite You to inform the sender and to eliminate all the copies of the message.