[opencms-dev] R: Question about OCEE Cluster and Replicator

Michael Emmerich m.emmerich at alkacon.com
Thu Apr 15 09:17:09 CEST 2010

Hello Luca,

> What you wrote is very clear and you confirm my idea of environment. I have other some. Maybe I repeat myself but it's necessary to understand better some aspects before purchasing the module.
> In documentation I read that the replication module must be installed on the workplace server.

Yes, this is correct.

 > So in my environment this means that the editing server (the private
machine where also admin can confirm contents network) is ALWAYS the
workplace server (the blue circle in cluster documentation, that in my
case is not a production server). Is this right?

Yes.
In our terminology, the server which is used to make all the content
editing is called "Workplace Server".

> In your previous post you wrote:
> "The scenario you describe has one dedicated machine only for content
> editing. So this machine is not delivering content to the public. But
> as I said above, if your content editing machine is accessible from the
> web, you could use it for content delivery (=production) as well."
>
> What is not clear is when you say that if the machine is accessible from the web, this machine can publish also contents to the 3 productions server. I don't think that this machine must be accessible from the web if it can "see" the 3 production servers with private ip. Am I wrong?

Maybe this was bit bot too confusing. Best think is forget this
alternative I mentioned there. The infrastructure that you are planning
- one workplace server with ts own DB and three production servers with
another DB is the recommended way to set up such a system.

Kind regards,
Michael Emmerich

--
Kind Regards,