[opencms-dev] get title of resource with jstl

chapmanl99 chapmanl99 at aol.com
Wed Apr 21 04:00:15 CEST 2010

I would like to use this code but give it a variable containing the filename.
I'm trying to produce a list of files in a folder using the Title property
of each file.  There are several code examples on the web but none that I
can find work correctly.  This is what I have so far. I used your suggestion
for the two cms tagTitle lines but they produce an error.

<%@ page session="false" buffer="none" import="java.sql.*, com.onr.*,
java.util.*,org.opencms.search.*, org.opencms.flex.*, org.opencms.util.*,
org.opencms.jsp.*, org.opencms.frontend.templateone.modules.*,
org.opencms.main.*, org.opencms.file.*" %>
<%@ taglib prefix="cms" uri="http://www.opencms.org/taglib/cms" %>
<jsp:useBean id="cmsUser" class="org.opencms.jsp.CmsJspActionElement">
<% cmsUser.init(pageContext, request, response); %>
</jsp:useBean>
<%

CmsJspActionElement action = new
CmsJspActionElement(pageContext,request,response);
CmsObject cms = action.getCmsObject();

try {

	List listFolders =
cms.getSubFolders(action.info("opencms.request.folder"));
	CmsFolder cmsfolder= null;
	for(int i=0;i<listFolders.size();i++){
		cmsfolder=(CmsFolder) listFolders.get(i);
%>
		 "<cms:link /<%=cmsfolder.getName()%></cms:link>"><%=cmsfolder.getName()%>
<% 		out.println("<br>");
	}

	List listFiles =
cms.getFilesInFolder(action.info("opencms.request.folder"));
	for(int i=0;i<listFiles.size();i++){
		CmsFile cmsfile= (CmsFile) listFiles.get(i);
		String propertyname = "title";
		String filename = cmsfile.getName();
%>

		<cms:titleTag file='site-event-reporting.jsp'/>
		<cms:titleTag file = filename/>

		 "<cms:link /<%=cmsfile.getName()%></cms:link>"><%=cmsfile.getName()%>
<% 		out.println("<br>");
	}

} catch (CmsException e) {
	out.println(e);
}
%>

 These two lines in the middle of the code:
		<cms:titleTag file='site-event-reporting.jsp'/>
		<cms:titleTag file = filename/>

do not work for me.  I get "No tag "titleTag" defined in the library
imported with prefix cms" error.  I'm using opencms 6.  Could that be the
problem.  I would appreciate any help with this.
Lynn