[opencms-dev] Configuring which xmlcontent fields to search

Paul-Inge Flakstad flakstad at npolar.no
Mon Apr 26 15:25:14 CEST 2010

Hi everyone,

I'm wondering if there's an easy way to configure which fields of an xmlcontent file to index?

E.g. if the XSD contains these element definitions:

<xsd:sequence>
    <xsd:element name="PageTitle" type="OpenCmsString" />
    <xsd:element name="Extension" type="OpenCmsExtension" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1" />
    <xsd:element name="Intro" type="OpenCmsHtml" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1" />
    <xsd:element name="Paragraph" type="OpenCmsParagraph" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded" />
</xsd:sequence>

I don't want the "Extension" element to be searchable, but I do want the rest of the fields searchable.

Is there a simple solution?

Cheers,
Paul