[opencms-dev] Antwort: Re: Antwort: Re: server is not reacting after a time of inactivity

Frank Pertack fpertack at vater-gruppe.de
Wed Apr 28 12:37:15 CEST 2010

Hello Roman,

thank you for this information.
I changed the opencms.properties, as you suggested.
I keep the other changes as well, so this should work for sure then ;-)

HTW

Best regards

Frank

|------------>
| Von:       |
|------------>
|------------>
| Datum:     |
|------------>
  |27.04.2010 11:22                                                                                                                                  |
|------------>
| Betreff:   |
|------------>
  |Re: [opencms-dev] Antwort: Re: server is not reacting after a time      of inactivity                                                             |
|------------>
| Gesendet   |
| von:       |
|------------>
  |opencms-dev-bounces at opencms.org                                                                                                                   |

Hi Frank,

if you have no activity on the weekends, this approach will cause the
connection to fail on monday again. ;)
IMO it's a better and more solid solution to use the pooling ping from
the OpenCms connection pooling. This way, the pooling frequently pings
the connection (e.g. once a hour) and keeps it alive no matter how long
there is no activity. I think it's quite self-explaining, just have a
look at these pooling options:

db.pool.default.testWhileIdle=true
db.pool.default.timeBetweenEvictionRuns=3600000
db.pool.default.numTestsPerEvictionRun=3
db.pool.default.minEvictableIdleTime=1800000
db.pool.default.testQuery=SELECT 1

Since OpenCms is using Apache DBCP (afaik), you may look up the exact
meanings of the parameters here:

http://commons.apache.org/dbcp/configuration.html

Roman