[opencms-dev] forgot password - reset passsword

Ahmed M. publists at gmail.com
Wed May 5 08:23:32 CEST 2010

Hi Kareem,

Because passwords are stored hashed, there's no way to get the plain-text
password, and therefore you're only left with "reset password" as opposed to
"retrieve password."

I'm no OpenCms expert, but I'm guessing you'll need to use setPassword()
[1]. Perhaps one of the gurus can share/point to a module that already
implements that?

Hope that helps,
Ahmed

[1]