[opencms-dev] Portlets & Portals vs. OpenCms

Wolfgang Illmeyer wolfgang.illmeyer at gmx.net
Tue May 25 17:41:59 CEST 2010

Hi,

I'm evaluating the use of Portlets within an OpenCms project.

I've got two main Questions:

1. Has anybody ever tied to use OpenCms as a portlets-portal (just as a
portal, with some external portlet container)

2. Is there an easy way to use OpenCms API from a certain OpenCms Website in a
Portlet hosted in some exernal Portlet Container?

I also came across langhua.cn's OpenCms Portlet-Module. Can it be used for
either of those two purposes? As far as I could understand it is basically
some kind of IDE for authoring generic Portlets from witin OpenCms? Please
correct me i I'm wrong.

Regards
Wolfgang