[opencms-dev] Question about static publishing

Nimret Sandhu nimret.sandhu at allstardirectories.com
Wed May 26 01:11:00 CEST 2010

Hi Folks,

I have a question about static publishing.
We currently have a folder structure like this in OpenCMS:

/sites/default
		/foo
			/bar
				/file1.html
				/file2.html
				/file3.html

We're using on-demand static publishing via a custom publishing
mechanism ( via the handle404 servlet, which I have yet to understand
fully and will be the topic of another email :). So the real file system
contains the above structure after publishing.

However, we would like to set it up so that the publishing process
removes the '/bar' folder and we end up with the following on the real
file system:
..../foo/file1.html
..../foo/file2.html
..../foo/file3.html

The internal url links within the html files will also need to be
updated to reflect the removal of the '/bar' folder.

Is this something that can be easily done in OpenCMS, ideally with
minimal customizations?

If so, what level of control does it allow? ie can we only remove
existing folders or completely control the output folder structure and
update the links in the content appropriately?

Thanks!
--
Nimret
Senior Developer