[opencms-dev] ldap users and roles associated

Cristina Hernández Sánchez cris_maco at hotmail.com
Mon May 31 17:25:56 CEST 2010

Hello everyone!!!

Sorry for my english, I hope everybody could understand me... :p

Well, I've got a problem. I'm developping a project with opencms and we need to join our cmsUsers with an ldap. That's why we use the module ldap of the OCEE cluster. I've read all the information inside the pdf but I can't make that a user from the ldap coul be synchronized with opencms workplace and with the role of workplace user. I tried to assign the user of the ldap to a group (the group has a role mapped) but when I make the synchronization the user can't log into workplace...

I post some of the code from the ocee-ladap.xml:

Virtual group of ldap:

<ldap-group enabled="true">LdapGroup</ldap-group>

maps the role with the group:

    <group-role-mappings>
      <group-role-mapping>
        <group>LdapGroup</group>
        <role>WORKPLACE_USER</role>
      </group-role-mapping>
    </group-role-mappings>

the user belongs to LdapGroup but don't have the role... what can i do???

Thank you very much