[opencms-dev] question about nested content

Tim Daschner timd at thedoleco.com
Mon May 31 23:11:53 CEST 2010

Hello,

I have a xml content definition which has a field that can contain 0 or more
vfs files. these vfs file in turn is another xml content file. This works
fine as far as content editing is concerned. SO,. I can open the main piece
of content and can easily edit the file path on the nested xml content. The
nested xml content itself has 0 or more Images. All of this works in the
workplace. Now, when I start to write the JSP to display this, can I still
use the standard <cms:contentload><cms:contentloop><cms:contentshow>
paradigm? It appears not! So, how does one code the display of these nested
images in JSP? Is it absolutely necessary here to write this in java
scriptlet code? Will this comcept work in scriptlet code?

The real life case here is that our client's articles are made of multiple
other text/image content which are then picked at production time by
editors. On the front end, a neat little javascript shows one of the
multiple text/image content based on user interaction.

Please help to make this work.

BEst,
Tim