[opencms-dev] Static export, files not exported to real file system

Paul-Inge Flakstad flakstad at npolar.no
Thu Jun 3 13:35:56 CEST 2010

Hi Brian,

I'm always referring to this page, here it is again:
http://www.sebastian.himberger.de/blog/2009/03/11/opencms-apache-integration-the-simplest-solution/

The approach described there by Sebastian Himberger is easy to implement. We've been using it for a while now on our servers.

Hope this can be of help to you.

Cheers,
Paul

te1/_resources/images/home/header.jpg

> In the Workplace, I have the export property set to true for the
> folder these resources are in.
>
> So tomcat and opencms did their jobs and I think the problem is in
> the apache configuration, but I don't see where. I've been trying to
> look at apache log files for entries regarding mod_rewrite or
> mod_proxy however I haven't figured that out.
>
> Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
>
> - Brian Jacobs
>
> P.S. Below are some config file chunks that might be useful.
>

> -----------------
> -----------------
>  From the apache config. Mod_proxy and mod_rewrite are loaded.
>
> <VirtualHost *:80>
>      ServerName www.site1.com
>      ServerAdmin
>      DocumentRoot /var/lib/tomcat5/webapps/ROOT
> #    DirectoryIndex index.jsp
>
>      ErrorLog logs/www.site1.com/error_log
>      CustomLog logs/www.site1.com/access_log common
>
>     # Log only non-redirect requests in "normal" log file
>       SetEnvIf Request_URI "\/opencms\/*" redirect
>
>     # Redirect all request to non-existing file in the export
> directory to OpenCms which will generate the files "on the fly"
>      RewriteEngine     on
>      RewriteCond       %{REQUEST_URI}
>             ^/export/(.*)  [NC]
>      RewriteCond       "%{DOCUMENT_ROOT}%{REQUEST_FILENAME}"
>             !-f
>      RewriteCond
> "%{DOCUMENT_ROOT}%{REQUEST_FILENAME}/index_export.html"   !-f
>
>      RewriteRule       .*
> http://www.site1.com/handle404?exporturi=/%{REQUEST_URI}&%{QUE
RY_STRING} [P]

>      ProxyPass         /opencms/                 !
>      RedirectPermanent /opencms/                 http://www.site1.com/
>
>      ProxyPass         /resources/               !
>      ProxyPass         /export/                  !
>
>      ProxyPass         /
> http://localhost:8083/opencms/
>      ProxyPassReverse  /
> http://localhost:8083/opencms/
>
> </VirtualHost>

>  From opencms-importexport.xml
>

>          <staticexport enabled="true">
>
> <staticexporthandler>org.opencms.staticexport.CmsOnDemandStati
cExportHandler</staticexporthandler>

> <linksubstitutionhandler>org.opencms.staticexport.CmsDefaultLi
nkSubstitutionHandler</linksubstitutionhandler>