[opencms-dev] OpenCMS 8 Release: any news?

Marc my.mailing.lists at gmx.de
Mon Jun 7 18:49:05 CEST 2010

Hello Everyone

I am looking forward to the new OpenCMS 8 release and so I was searching
the known places (Wiki, Website, PDFs) for news about this release.
Unfortunately the only information I can find is the PDF from the
OpenCMS-Days 2009 where a roadmap has been published (the other sources
point to the same pdf) which says that the financing of the project
hasnt been secured at that point.

So I am asking here if anybody - maybe someone from Alkacon ;) - can
give a more detailed information? Is the releasedate this July still
valid? Are there any features that have been dropped?

I would like to start some bigger projects and I am tempted to wait for
version 8 due to features like Content-Repository and a new DB-Layer (JPA?).

regards
--Marc