[opencms-dev] Patch for cmsshell.bat

Brabenetz, Harald harald.brabenetz at bearingpointconsulting.com
Thu Jun 24 15:28:38 CEST 2010

The original cmsshell.bat doesn't work on my computer (Win XP).
I have made several changes to fix this.

I made the following changes on cmsshell.bat:
 - replaced "goto gotLib" with "goto gotHome"
 - added: if exist "%OPENCMS_LIB%\opencms-core.jar" goto okLib
 - replaced complex commandline args concatination with: set CMD_LINE_ARGS=%*
 - removed collecting library variables "OPENCMS_CP" and "TOMCAT_LIB"
 - Changed Java Command args: remove OPENCMS_CP and TOMCAT_LIB from classpath and add instead: -Djava.ext.dirs=%OPENCMS_LIB%;%TOMCAT_HOME%

 Details:

 - replaced "goto gotLib" with "goto gotHome"
        I cannot find the target "gotLib" !?

 - added: if exist "%OPENCMS_LIB%\opencms-core.jar" goto okLib
        The Maven-Build from us creates the JAR-artifact "opencms-core".
        It should also work on the original OpenCms distribution.

 - replaced complex commandline args concatination with: set CMD_LINE_ARGS=%*
        The original code seems not to work!? The orginal code removes the "=" from Arguments... !?

 - removed collecting library variables "OPENCMS_CP" and "TOMCAT_LIB"
        not necessary anymore if the java commandline argument "java.ext.dirs" is used.
        The original code produced very very long commandlines which cannot be handled by Windows

 - Changed Java Command args: removed OPENCMS_CP and TOMCAT_LIB from classpath and add instead: -Djava.ext.dirs=%OPENCMS_LIB%;%TOMCAT_HOME%\lib
        The orignal commandline was too long, windows could not handle it.

The Linux Shell Script has Windows Linebreaks which should be removed (The PATCH-File cannot handle this changes).

with friendly regards,
Harald

INFONOVA GmbH
Sitz: Unterpremst?tten bei Graz
Firmenbuchgericht: Landesgericht f?r ZRS Graz
Firmenbuchnummer: FN 44354b