[opencms-dev] anchor of URL being encoded (and incorrectly)

LesC leshe88-chan at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 24 21:01:34 CEST 2010

I'm wondering if anyone has run into this issue and has a workaround.  It's driving me crazy after hours of research.

I'm editing content with FCKeditor and am trying to add multiple parameters after a “#” in the URL.  Unfortunately, the editor or OpenCMS seems to encode the “&” several times.

For example:
    http://<url>/page.jsp?id=1234&anotherid=5678#name=ABC&location=XYZ

After saving, becomes:
    http://<url>/page.jsp?id=1234&anotherid=5678#name=ABC&amp;amplocation=XYZ

Note that the "&" BEFORE the "#" doesn't get munged.  Every subsequent save adds additional "&amps" to the part AFTER the "#".  Editing the controlcode doesn’t seem to help.  Does anyone know what might be going on?

Btw, I tried substituting the URL encoded “&” (which is “%26”), but that didn't work in IE.  (Does for Firefox, even though I don't think it should).

Poking around the FCKEditor documentation, would this configuration change help?  http://docs.cksource.com/FCKeditor_2.x/Developers_Guide/Configuration/Configuration_Options/ForceSimpleAmpersand

Thanks in advance for any solutions or insight.

-Leslie

(apologies if this is sent twice -- I didn't see it in the digest for yesterday)