[opencms-dev] how to set up a development environment

Vikrama Sanjeeva viki.sanjeeva at gmail.com
Tue Jun 29 14:07:14 CEST 2010

Hi,

     I think below are different approaches for setting up OpenCMS
development environment.

1: OpenCms Maven-Plugin (as directed by Kai below)
2: OpenCMS Module Developer (as mentioned here:
http://opencms-wiki.org/Eclipse_integration)
3: OpenCMS VFS (outdated - as mentioned here:
http://opencms-wiki.org/Eclipse_integration)
4: The one explained in OpenCMS 7 development book by Dan Lilliedahi

Please share your experience for the same.

Specifically which are recommended approaches for developing custom
templates and server-side form submission templates where IDE should provide
OpenCMS VFS synchronization and API support like intellisense
(auto-completion).

Thanks,

Bye,
Viki.